Mission & vision
Bon is the reception office for Brussels. It helps people of foreign origin on their path to full citizenship. In Flanders and Brussels combined, there are 8 reception offices which carry out the 1 April 2004 integration decree of the Flemish Community. Bon is active in the Brussels-Capital Region, where integration is not mandatory.
From January 1st 2015, bon is part of the “Agentschap Integratie en Inburgering". The Agency supports the Flemish integration policy. The Agency collects all social and civic integration, social translation and interpreting services (except in the cities Ghent and Antwerp).
Our vision in a nutshell:
- Bon is a pluralist Brussels-based organization working with and from within the embedded bilingualism and multilingualism of the Brussels-Capital Region.
- Bon believes integration is an interactive process. It offers people of foreign origin a specific programme that allows them to increase their self-reliance. The goal of the integration process is to enable a full and active participation to society, to contribute to greater social cohesion.
- Through integrated services, bon wants to help participants explore their full potential.
- Bon works as personalized and accessible as possible, to provide the best possible service to integration participants.
- Bon strives to provide measurably durable and qualitative services.